15 Dec 2011
PNR Bicol Express Train trip to Albay has been symbolically laid out to the railway route map with the test run conducted on December 7 from PNR Tutuban Central Station that ended in Ligao City. Unfortunately, regular trip to Ligao will not happen until next year. There are quite a lot of issues that need to be fixed. Until then, Bicol Express Train only serves train commuters from Tutuban down to Naga City.
We have update dated April 1, 2012. PNR Train Now Goes To Ligao Albay. To read the update, click here. This post contains relevant information so I still suggest reading it. The April 1 update tackles today's departure and arrival schedules as well as fare rates.
Yesterday, I went to PNR Tutuban Central Station to gather valuable information for frequently asked questions from our readers.
Here are the important things you should know in going to Bicol Region via PNR Bicol Express Train for now:
- Bicol Express Train now serves passengers to Naga City daily.
- Time of departure in Tutuban is 6:30 pm.
- Estimated time of arrival in Naga City is 4:30 am.
- Fare Rate for Sleeper Coach is Php 665.00/head flat rate. Applies to all stations in between Naga City and Tutuban. No discount is given to senior citizens.
- Fare Rate for Reclining Aircon is Php 548.00/ head with 20% discount for senior citizens. Rate varies from station to station.
- Payment Accepted is cash only.
- You can make reservation one week before your trip.
- You must confirm your reservation by calling 319 0041 local 104 and 105.
- If you're taking Bicol Express Train from other stations or stopovers, payment is made inside the train through train conductors.
- There's no canteen/cafeteria on-board. So, make sure you have enough provisions.
- Expect no pillow and blanket on your sleeper coach.
Watch for upcoming updates on Bicol Express Train opening of Ligao and Legazpi City routes from Manila by regularly visiting this blog or subscribe via email.
Share |Print this article